Top: Imagine Gnats Bess Top in linen (with placket added, because nursing). Next time I will opt for the higher neckline, and maybe go down a size.
Shorts: Megan Neilson Flint in linen canvas. Clever side-opening design comes together beautifully. Pockets are nice and deep. Next pair I’d like to try lowering the rise a little. I turned the front pleats into darts because it looked better in this heavy weight fabric.
Pattern: Freesewing.org’s Bruce (open source custom pattern drafting!)
Fabric: Thrift store black t-shirt fabric, bleach dyed using local plants (desert willow and eucalyptus).
Muslin for The Carson Dress from Paddlboat Studios (with placket added, because nursing), made from a worn linen sheet.
Love the sleeves, didn’t love the bulk around my waist. I’d make the pockets twice as deep if I were to make it again.
So then I made a shirt by elongating the pattern. I needed a bit more width around the hips, but I like where that’s going.
Above: store bought for big bucks.
Below: harvested from used clothing. Buttons, zippers, clips, straps all usually have a lot of life left in them, even when the fabric has worn out.
Self drafted pattern + goofy pose.
(Didn’t wear this one much, gave it away at a clothing swap.)
Pattern is from Sewing for Boys: 24 Projects to Create a Handmade Wardrobe. Fabric is the good bits from a stained linen shirt.
This free pattern just happens to fit great. Everything I know about sewing bras and underwear I learned from Sarah Norwood’s YouTube videos.
The pattern is a mashup of the Purl Soho Bonnet and the Oliver + S Bucket hat, inspired by a Petit Soul Shop style. The fabric is harvested from two pairs of linen pants. The hat is reversible.
An apron for my husband, made from a military surplus rain cape I got at a clothing swap.
Felt birthday crowns made for small children.