Some of these squares have been with me over two years. Originally the blocks were all uneven sizes, sewn between projects just to get my gears going. A couple months ago I cut them down to 6″ squares, thinking that a uniform dimension might be enough to make them all cooperate. No dice. I’ve been arranging and re-arranging them with much frustration ever since. I made mini-quilts (aka potholders) out of several of them. Finally, somehow, yesterday they fell into place with the help of a few bright solids. I’m still working on a border, but I’m very pleased with how they came together.
Also, I found some gigantic wool sailor pants at the thrift store that should be perfect for bordering the bow ties quilt from my last post. Huzzah.